Sunday 17 April 2011

Designer of the Week: Erin Gates...

Being a proud Montrealer, I was a little hesitant showcasing this week’s designer... We are currently in playoff season which makes it increasingly difficult for me to say anything positive about Boston right now!!! Given that we are currently 2-0 in the series, I think I can make an exception and admit that Boston is actually one of my (very! very!) favorite cities and it is also home to one of my (very! very!) favorite designers.

Erin Gates is an interior designer, event stylist, renowned blogger and seasoned fashionista. She is the owner and creative force behind Element Interiors (www.element-interiors.com) and her blog (www.elementsofstyleblog.com) was voted one of the 6 best style blogs of 2010 by Fox News/iMag. Having been a loyal reader for over 2 years, I can attest to that accomplishment. Erin’s blog is not only fun to read and pretty to skim through, it also sets itself apart by providing readers with high quality content... something that can’t be said about most blogs. Elements of Style is my online resource for all things relating to design/fashion and it has allowed me to learn a lot about interior design.

Erin’s greatest strength as an interior designer is her ability to create jaw-dropping spaces on any budget. She knows where to splurge and where to save. She invests in classic basics and accessorizes with a variety of high and low-end, vintage and new, modern and traditional pieces. I admire the fact that Erin never shies away from using bold patterns, bright paint colors and funky fabrics. Her body of work is exceptionally unique and very difficult to label which, in an industry where ideas are recycled and mimicked, is probably the best compliment I can give her!













No comments:

Post a Comment