Wednesday 25 January 2012

The Bachelor in Park City, Utah...




Ok, so I have a confession to make... I kind of really love watching The Bachelor.  There, I said it.

 Trust me when I say that I am an intelligent human being who is fully aware that it is a mindless, cheesy, trashy, poorly scripted "reality show" hosted by one of the most generic people in Hollywood  (PS: I'm convinced Chris Harrison is a robot).  But for some reason, I tune in every Monday night at 8pm and for 2 whole hours, I am 100% entertained. I often compare watching The Bachelor to witnessing a car crash. You don't want to watch, but you do.  Moving on... 

On last nights show, something other than the usual cat fights, drunken confessionals and sloppy make out sessions stood out.... the BACKDROP! Ben and the girls visited Park City Utah and I couldn't wrap my head around it's beauty. In every shot, the scenery was absolutely mesmerizing. The lakes, mountains and colourful foliage absolutely stole the show. Coming from Montreal, I would never have considered Utah as a vacation spot but I've definitely changed my mind.


(Ben, on a horse.)

(Models, fly fishing. Naturally.)


During their stay in Utah, the bachelorettes stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Canyons Resort.  Needless to say, it was pretty damn spectacular. Set in the middle of the mountains, this hotel seems like an idylic location for a getaway... Especially if you're a nature-nut.




















Oh and while were on the subject... Here are my picks for final three:


1- Courtney

Although it's hard to believe she could ever love anyone other than herself... The model who last night claimed that Puerto Rico is "like, so 2 months ago" is my top pick. 



2- Kacie B

The sweet but super desperate baton-twirler with southern charm.



3- Jennifer

The only authentic, actual "real-life" person on the show.



What did you guys think of last night's episode?

Pictures courtesy of ABC, Have u Heard and People


2 comments:

  1. We moved here from CT! WE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! (I'm originally from CA - hubby from CT) We've been told NOT to spread the news about how beautiful UT is - our friends on the east & west coast don't believe us anyway. Stayed at Waldorf before we moved here- just fantastic. St. Regis Deer Valley is our current favorite. Tip: come "off season" and you can get GREAT RATES as all top hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the tip... Hopefully I'll come visit soon! You are VERY lucky to live in such a beautiful state. Thank you for reading my blog and if you haven't done it already, please "like" my Parkdale Ave page on facebook :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete