Monday 19 March 2012

Gardening Must-Haves: The Potting Bench...

Truth: I'm a terrible gardner and it frustrates me beyond belief.  I come from a long lineage of incredibly hard working Italians and Spaniards who, upon immigrating to Canada, were able to upkeep massive and plentiful gardens on top of their full time jobs.  My grand-parents had a massive vegetable garden in their backyard in which they cultivated every vegetable under the sun.  Much of my childhood was spent running around in their garden (cue scene from The Godfather....) and to this day,  the smell of tomatoes brings back very fond memories.  Given my heritage, you can understand how frustrating it is for me to be mediocre (at best) when it comes to growing things.  I think I lack the patience, discipline and know-how it requires.  Having said that, I'm determined to learn and have decided to start with the basics. I'm thinking of starting with herbs and perhaps a few cherry tomatoes. In keeping with the gardening spirit, I thought I would feature some beautiful potting benches. I never knew such a thing existed but I think they're absolutely brilliant.  I can't think of a better way to keep gardening tools, pots, seeds, plants and accessories organized than to store them neatly in potting bench.

By the looks of it, you can easily make your own with an old hutch or table.

Happy Gardening!
M





























 Pottery Barn (ok so this one is being used as a bar.... but hey, it's still a potting bench!!!)













3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your gardening efforts...it just takes a little practice and trial and error. I can't wait to get out of this condo and into something that I can do more than container garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, really nice. I also suggest some blogs that you can be interest. Are Boca do Lobo Posts.
    The brand is called Boca do Lobo and brings together concepts like luxury, originality and creativity.
    I'm sure it would make a good article in your magazine. The Boca do Lobo that is a Portuguese company produces furniture using fine materials in their creations.
    They use reference styles from the past (like Gothic), coupled with current trends, as well as the craftsmanship and technology of the present.
    The result is a contemporary pieces with a traditional touch.
    Learn mores parts: http://www.bocadolobo.com/
    I Really sure that you will find inspiration for the next blog post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semiripc cuttings are sometimes described as semi-hardwood. Either description is accurate, considering that the product that is taken for propagation is current-season growth that has actually started to firm up and end up being woody at the base. Gardenoid

    ReplyDelete