Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Summer Hosting: Peach Sangria Sorbet...
2 cups dry white wine*
1/2 cup peach schnapps
1 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
2 sprigs of mint
1 large peach, peeled and sliced
1) Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
3) Remove the mint sprigs, pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
4) Pour through a strainer into a medium bowl. Chill completely.
5) Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instruction. Sorbet will be very soft.
6) Spoon into a medium bowl and let firm up in the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes approximately 1 quart
*I used dry Riesling.
Images and recipe via Completely Delicious
Posted by Myriam